Buffalo Wild Wings employee dies after exposure to cleaning chemical

  • 🎬 Video
  • ℹ️ Description
Invalid campaign token '7mSKfTYh8S4wP2GW'
Buffalo Wild Wings employee dies after exposure to cleaning chemical 4.5
An employee at a Buffalo Wild Wings in Massachusetts died after being exposed to a chemical cleaning agent. Hazmat crews were called to the Burlington restaurant Thursday after reports of a chemical reaction in the kitchen. At least 10 other customers and workers were hospitalized.

Each weekday morning, "CBS This Morning" co-hosts Gayle King, Anthony Mason and Tony Dokoupil deliver two hours of original reporting, breaking news and top-level newsmaker interviews in an engaging and informative format that challenges the norm in network morning news programs. The broadcast has earned a prestigious Peabody Award, a Polk Award, four News & Documentary Emmys, three Daytime Emmys and the 2017 Edward R. Murrow Award for Best Newscast. The broadcast was also honored with an Alfred I. duPont-Columbia Award as part of CBS News division-wide coverage of the shootings at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut. Check local listings for "CBS This Morning" broadcast times.

Download — Buffalo Wild Wings employee dies after exposure to cleaning chemical

Download video
💬 Comments on the video
Author

Poor guy just trying to earn a paycheck.

Author — Project Scoop 601

Author

This is worse then getting shanked for a Popeyes chicken sandwich.

Author — Jason Taylor

Author

No one told him about ammonia and bleach

Author — Austin Bartose

Author

PSA ...if you're ever cleaning toilets or swabbing the poop deck, and a noxious Greenish-Yellowish cloud starts hanging off of whatever you just sprayed, *clear the room and get everybody out!!!* The use of chlorine gas was highly effective in World War I... but doesn't have much of a place beyond industrial settings in 2019. Just be careful what chemicals you're working with at all times, and wear the proper PPE! If you are an employer, it is your responsibility by law to provide a material safety datasheet to employees in an accessible location, and provide proper training when working with potentially hazardous materials.

Edit: thanks Nathan!

Author — Brian Anderson

Author

Damn, God bless that young man and bis loved ones.

Author — Kingjames313

Author

This would never happen if they used “Fabuloso” 😏

Author — Christian Perez

Author

Sodium Hypochlorite is common bleach used laundry, cleaning & disinfecting. Ammonia is also used in cleaning, but if you mix the two, toxic chlorine gas results.

Author — Silver Slingblade

Author

That lawsuit is about to be LEGENDARY!!! He didn't die in vein

Author — IonlyROBwhite DrugDealers

Author

Poor guy, he quite literally worked himself to death

Author — King CC

Author

Jimmy: oh look it’s sodium chloride.
Random guy: no it’s salt.

Author — Th0tti3.bugatti

Author

Hank Hill - "Ammonia and chlorine.. that's the recipe for mustard gas."

But it wasn't ammonia, most likely he mix chlorine with an acid base chemical.

Author — HauntedPassed

Author

Someone didn't read the warning labels. But we know that it's the employer who's supposed to train the employee on proper chemical safety.

I worked at Pepsi and we had a guy from ecolab come in about quarterly to hold training sessions on proper usage, ppe, reading labels, etc.

Author — Luis Castellon

Author

Probably mixed bleach with ammonia, producing toxic chloramine vapor. Tragic.

Author — choirgrrrl

Author

With all the user friendly cleaning products ..why was this even a deadly

Author — c a g

Author

I pulled 6, 18 yr old guys out of a Army latrine that mixed ammonia and bleach because they thought it would work better. That’s what happens when mommy does all the cleaning.

Author — E to Z Sense isn't so common

Author

Sad to admit I almost did this myself. I was 15 on my first job at Pizza Hut. They told me to clean up the floors. I had never cleaned before in my life. I thought bleach good + amonia even better! Luckily the older employees recognized what happened and aired out the place.

Author — davecamaro1994

Author

Rip pray for the family damn thats insane too sad better figure that out

Author — lewis lighting777

Author

I used to work with it and had to wear a respirator when mixing it with water, if I used too much the chlorine fumes were unbearable..it can harm you with out any other chemical being added

Author — Lamar Myart

Author

Feel weird liking this type of videos,
There has to be a “sad” option, a watched” or at the very least “aware” option to highlight instead of liking some type of suffering or lost

Author — mercedes gomez

Author

Was thinking about my local wild wings when the video started and then it turns out to be exactly that one

Author — TacoChris